BASDA Annual Summit 2019
Join us on Tuesday, 14 May at the Wellcome Collection, London
The day will be packed with insightful sessions on the current issues relevant to BASDA members, identifying business development opportunities, technical and resource implications and offering key networking opportunities.
The Agenda is being shaped based on current member feedback and will include Making Tax Digital, together with debates around topical issues including Brexit and much more.
Summit Agenda: 10:30am to 4:00pm
- Keynote Speaker: Steve Baker, MP – Former Brexit minister Steve Baker will share insight, views and commentary regarding implications to the UK of the potential Brexit outcomes and corresponding impacts upon the business software community, allied with changes arising from the new customs systems and considerations for our industry. Steve will also be taking questions from the audience.
- Making Tax Digital – Panel Session with Industry Associations including AAT, ICPA, ICAEW
- HMRC: MTD VAT – progress, learnings and roadmap (product & communications); API & Transaction monitoring, Brexit and new Customs Declaration Service
- BASDA Showcase: Latest achievements, initiatives and benefits for members
- Networking with members and guests
- More to follow ….
Cost to Attend:
Early Bird Member Discount – £60 + VAT
Members – £75 + VAT
Non Members – £99 + VAT
As this year’s Keynote Speaker we are excited to welcome him to our annual summit. He was previously Chief Technical Officer at BASDA Ltd in 2002, a position he held until 2007.
In 2010 Steve was elected to Parliament representing Wycombe. He currently serves on the Treasury Select Committee. He was Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union and served on the Executive of the Conservative 1922 Committee.
Head of Software Developer Collaboration HMRC
HMRC Head of Software Developer Collaboration, with teams that support 75% of HMRC’s 1.7 billion digital transactions which are completed through an API using a third party product.
How to Attend
Follow the link to Eventbrite to book your ticket today. You will receive a confirmation email and detailed agenda following registration.