BASDA Summit Event 21st May 2013
BASDA has a line-up of top speakers for the Software Thought Leaders’ Summit on 21st May 2013, addressing the current and emerging issues facing business software providers.
Venue: Wellcome Collection, Euston, London, NW1 2BE
Date: Tuesday 21st May 2013
Time: 10.30 am to 3.45pm ( BASDA AGM at 9.30am)
The Agenda :
- Shaping the Future of the UK IT Sector: Dr Robert Mullins, co-founder of the Raspberry Pi Foundation will update us on their success since last years’ Summit event and their mission to enthuse and create the next generation of software programmers.
- Interoperability and its contribution to UK Business and the wider economy: a view from the UK and European perspective with Marketing Director, Head of e-Invoicing Solutions at GXS Ltd, Nigel Taylor who is Chair and spokesperson for the UK National e-Invoicing Forum (UKNeF), plus an update from the launch of the BASDA Interoperability Charter held at the House of Commons on 16th April.
- Changes to VAT Rules: Can your software cater for 27 VAT regimes? The EU is currently in consultation about dramatic changes to VAT rules such that certain exports from the UK would have to be charged at teh VAT rate applicable to the country of destination. Our expert speaker, Tarlochan Lall, is a barrister and Chartered Tax Adviser. He represents the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) on the VAT Expert Group (VEG), which was set up in 2012 by the European Commission to represent stakeholders in the formulation of new VAT laws based on charging the VAT rate applicable to the country of destination.
- B2B Marketing Panel: an interactive session covering some of the hot topics in B2B software marketing including getting best results from Social Media, and Telemarketing. Panelists include Trevor Salomon, software industry marketing expert and social media expert Merran Wrigley of MSL.
- BASDA working with Government: Security ID Assurance is the biggest change to HMRC’s Online IT Service and will impact business software providers and users. Hear from Brigid McBride, Digital Solutions Programme Director, HMRC. We also have a update on Mobile Apps from Colin Ford, BC&S Head of SME Education Design and Delivery, HMRC.
- Is Green good for business?: BASDA members – the Access Group, Intuitive BI and @UK PLC, will discuss how they have built ‘green’ functionality into their software and debate the business value and customer demand.
REGISTER NOW using the form below.
Free event for BASDA members (£195 for non-members)
Event Lunch & Refreshment Sponsors: Atlas Products
For sponsorship information contact Lynne Wallis.