SIG: Payroll, Pensions & HR
The Payroll, Pensions & HR SIG is chaired by Pauline Green, Compliance Manager with Intuit QuickBooks. She has been involved with BASDA for over 5 years and has held the role as Vice Chair of this SIG up to her appointment as Chair in May 2018.
Payroll, Pensions & HR SIG is currently engaging with:
HMRC, DWP and The Pensions Regulator (TPR), the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), the Department for Education (DfE), the Government Equalities Office (GEO) and the Office of Tax Simplification (OTS)
Aims & Objectives
To maintain close links with decision making processes within government that affect the delivery of Payroll and HR software, and wherever possible influence the implementation of policy.
To continually review government guidance to employers regarding PAYE, pensions and employment to ensure that employers and agents are receiving correct and easily understood guidance.
Delivering Payroll & HR Software
Influencing Policy Implementation
Pensions & Employment Guidance
Who should get involved
All HR & Payroll software developers should get involved in this SIG to ensure they are represented at Government decision-making level to influence the requirements and legislation being introduced. The SIG provides the opportunities to help influence decision making and implementation, in addition to providing foresight and product planning information vital for development road maps.
Current Agenda and Successes
- BASDA PP&HR IG members are closely engaged with HMRC in the development of PAYE API’s as part of the Digital Strategy
- The chairman acts as the BASDA representative on The Employment and Payroll Group, HMRC’s principal forum for HMRC, and other government departments, to engage with the employment and payroll community
- Influencing DWP and TPR across key matters in support of Auto Enrolment – a continuing challenge for Payroll Software providers
- Involved in the regulations for new employers post-October 2017 and the increases to the minimum contribution levels in April 2018 and April 2019.
- HMRC project focussed on providing employer information regarding PAYE liabilities
- Key stakeholder in HMRC project through its initial investigation phase
- From initial review of suggested HMRC data items and the delivery mechanism, through to the present day
- From initial discussions in 1999 with the Personal Accounts Delivery Authority (PADA), which became NEST (National Employment Savings Trust) through to the present-day
Join the Group
Find out more about the benefits of BASDA and how to join.