BASDA Charter with UK Government
Recommendations on best practice engagement between BASDA and HM Government
As representative of the UK-based business software industry, BASDA has a wealth of experience in working with the Government and its agencies. This Charter documents the proactive way to best-practice public and private sector collaboration for the IT sector.
- The UK-based business software industry and HM Government share a common aim to ensure that public and private sector IT projects are as successful as possible.
- Another shared objective is to boost the take-up of IT and the use of the online environment to ensure that the UK has a modern, competitive business technology infrastructure.
- Where public policy has an impact on IT systems implemented by our members’ customers, BASDA requests adequate notice for its members to prepare system changes, test, roll these out to customers and have customers implement these changes in line with their own business plans and financial calendars.
- Consultation needs to start before either side has made irrevocable decisions about the way forward. This requires an openness about future plans – with confidential information sharing.
- We will collaborate with HM Government to determine the size and scale of the opportunity and issues, enabling a set of desired outcomes to be determined together.
- BASDA will follow the best practice working methods learned from the CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) introduction which delivered a major policy and IT success and won an IT project award within HMRC.
- BASDA will continue to represent its members so that HM Government can more easily gain a cross-section of views from the industry and see the impact that its actions will have on UK-based IT companies of all sizes.
- BASDA will make available experts from our members to provide advice to the Government on the best ways to ensure the successful rollout of policy initiatives which have an IT impact.
- Adequate testing facilities must be provided by HM Government in a timely fashion to ensure the success of policy introductions.
- We propose a proactive ongoing engagement where consultation means not only hearing but listening.
Creating Value for our Members
Joining BASDA goes beyond a package of benefits. It goes much deeper with the advantage felt across your organisation and customers.
SHAPING YOUR WORLD
BASDA has made a direct and positive impact on the world of its members and their customers for over 15 years.
Involvement in BASDA makes a real difference to the development of its members and their future careers.
Collaboration and shared learning across the BASDA community brings a tangible result for members and their customers.
BASDA 2022 ANNUAL SUMMIT
The BASDA 2022 Annual Summit will take place on Thursday, 6th October at the Wellcome Collection, London. Diary the date and look forward to joining your industry peers and guest speakers for networking and an opportunity to discuss the latest pertinent topics.
SELECTING BUSINESS SOFTWARE GUIDES
Our suite of guides will help organisations make the right choices for their business and run efficient purchasing processes.
SHARING INDUSTRY NEWS WITH YOU
Find out more about the benefits of BASDA and how to join.