BASDA GDPR Webinar November 2017
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the European Union’s new legislation to protect the personal data of EU citizens and will come into effect in May 2018. This legislation significantly reshapes the data protection landscape for organisations that collect and process the data of European residents and with fines of up to 4% of annual global turnover (or up to €20million) for infringements non-compliance is not an option.
BASDA co-hosted a webinar on 27th November 2017 with the Direct Marketing Association covering this important regulation and the initial steps our members need to consider on the journey towards GDPR compliance. The webinar provided practical insights on:
• Why you have to comply with the GDPR and the impact on your business of non-compliance
• First steps in preparing for GDPR compliance
• The measures your business will need to adopt to comply
• How to mitigate your risks
• How to communicate with your customers / audience as to why you are collecting their data and for what purpose
• How to store this personal data
• Key recommendations to help your business
Slides and a recording of the Webinar are now available. Please complete the form below to access.
I’m not a robot
Register to be involved with a Specialist Interest Group
To register your interest in being involved with any of the Specialist Interest Groups or to find out more information please contact email@example.com.