Accountex – the UK’s biggest and busiest accountancy exhibition and conference, is set to welcome over 7,000 attendees to ExCeL London on 23-24 May.
Many of the country’s top accountants, finance directors, accounts managers, tax professionals, heads of IT, bookkeepers, and sole practitioners (working in practice, industry, and the public sector) will be packing the aisles, checking out the latest products, tools, solutions, insights, and innovations on offer from an unprecedented 228 exhibiting companies (the show sold out last month).
Among the pre-registered visitors (to date) are representatives from organisations as diverse as Alliance Healthcare, American Express, Aon, Asda, Asos, Aviva, BAE, Bank of England, Barnardo’s, Bourne Leisure, BP, BT, Burberry, Centrica, Chelsea Football Club, Christie’s, Citi, Compass Group, Department for Transport, DHL, EasyJet, Ford Motor Co, Greene King, Harrods, HMRC, HSBC, Informa, Intertek, Islington Council, Johnson & Johnson, Lloyds Bank, Merlin Entertainments, Metro Bank, Ministry of Justice, Morgan Stanley, New Look, NHS, Post Office, Reed Personnel, Sainsbury’s, Santander, Vodafone, Wells Fargo Bank, and Wickes.
Plus senior names from leading practices: PwC, Deloitte, EY, KPMG, Grant Thornton, BDO, RSM, Smith & Williamson, Moore Stephens, Mazars, PKF, Saffery Champness, Haines Watts, Crowe Clark Whitehill, UHY Hacker Young, MHA Macintyre Hudson, Kingston Smith, Menzies, TaxAssist Accountants, Buzzacott, Kreston Reeves, HW Fisher & Company, and haysmacintyre (23 of the top 25 firms listed in Accountancy Age’s Top 50+50 Survey for 2017).
“From our speakers and exhibitors to the visitors themselves – the who’s who of the accountancy world will be at the show doing business. With a record number of exhibitors and speakers now confirmed, plus visitors pre-registrations tracking ahead, we’re looking forward to a very busy and productive two days,” says Zoe Lacey-Cooper, event director of Accountex.
“Accountex is a gateway to technology, CPD and learning new trends. It is highly informative and each year we get to learn so much,” says Aurangzaib Chawla, partner & financial accountant at Lanop Accountants.
“Accountex is an excellent opportunity to find out what is happening, what others are doing and what’s in the market to support accountants and make them more profitable,” says Yvonne Harper, finance director at Campbell Dallas LLP.
“Accountex has become the centre of the accounting year, with everyone coming together to research what’s changing and advertise what they’ve built to help with those changes. In other words, if you’re not there then you’ll not keep up!” says Alex Weddell, founder and director of Next Gen Bookkeepers.
280 Speaker Sessions In 20 Theatres
With 280 CPD-accredited Keynotes, seminars and workshops running across 20 theatres over two days, Accountex visitors will be able to enjoy even more great content from some of the industry’s most inspiring thought-leaders. High-profile names from Sage, Intuit QuickBooks, Xero, Wolters Kluwer, IRIS Group, TaxCalc, Compleat Software, FreeAgent, FUTRLI, MyFirmsApp, ICAEW, ICPA, and ACCA are preparing to share their expertise. As are 50 new speakers for 2018, including representatives from HMRC, HSBC, IFA, ICB, CABA, CiPP, Accodex, and many more.
Other new additions include the introduction of a second Keynote Theatre, Hot Topic Roundtables, and the British Accountancy Marketing Awards ceremony.
Speaker Highlights Include:
- Theresa Middleton, director – Making Tax Digital for Business at HMRC
- Heather Elliot, agent portfolio lead on Making Tax Digital for Business at HMRC
- Paul Aplin OBE, incoming president of the ICAEW
- Richard Bearman, head of small business UK at HSBC Bank
- Justin Urquhart Stewart, co-founder of Seven Investment Management
- Heather Townsend, author and founder of The Accountants Millionaire’s Club
- Brad Burton –the UK’s #1 motivational business speaker
- Adrian Sproston, director, accountants division at Sage
- Dominic Allon, VP Europe at Intuit QuickBooks
- Damon Anderson, director of partner & product at Xero
- Samantha Mann, senior policy & research officer at Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals
- Paul Turnbull, APtimise solution specialist at NatWest Aptimise
- Caroline Plumb OBE, CEO of Fluidly
- Amanda C. Watts, MD of TwentyTwo Agency
- Carl Reader, owner of D&T Chartered Accountants
- Anne Davies, head of regulation and policy at IFA
- Shane Lukas, MD of AVN
- Nichola Ross Martin, founder of Rossmartin.co.uk
- Kath Haines, chief executive of CABA
- Warren Cass, founder of Practice Advantage
- Glenn Collins, head of technical advisory at ACCA
- Wendy Rowe, head of commercial at Wolters Kluwer
- Amal Mashru, wealth management consultant at Mattioli Woods
- Lyn Bromley, MD of First Impressions Training
- Alex Martin, corporate business consultant at Premiere Capital
- Della Hudson, business consultant at Hudson Business Advice
- Kelly Stricklin-Coutinho, barrister at 39 Essex Chambers
- Bobby Chadha, senior manager – product innovation at Deloitte UK
- Archna Tharani, director of Oculus Accountancy
Full timings and seminar summaries are available at www.accountex.co.uk/education-programme.
The full exhibitor list is available at www.accountex.co.uk/exhibitor-list.
Accountex returns to London ExCeL on 23-24 May. All Keynotes and seminars are free to attend, and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information, and to register for a free ticket to attend, please visit www.accountex.co.uk and use priority code ACX108 (direct link: https://eventdata.uk/Visitor/Accountex.aspx?TrackingCode=ACX108).
Are you are business software application developer? There are so many benefits to joining BASDA. Find out more about how BASDA can help your business – Benefits of joining BASDA. Or you can give us a call on 01494 868030 to find out more.